Wednesday, May 11, 2011

cupcake cake pops... with surprise ingredients!

These are, quite possible, some of the most adorable confections that have been produced in my humble kitchen. Last week, I bought a mini-peanut-butter-cup-shaped candy mold for the graduation cake pops that I'm working on (coming soon!), and thought i'd give these mini cupcakes a try. A few tries and some sprinkles later... ta-da! cuteness!
And they're so tiny! (they're sitting in mini muffin cups here) Calories don't count when they're bite-sized, right?
Oh, and I haven't forgot about telling you about the surprise ingredients...
I got crazy with the cake pop concept this time - I added marshmallows! If you have any brilliant ideas on how to turn a chocolate cake & marshmallow cake pop into a s'mores-flavored cake pop, let me know in the comments, k?
My other crazy cake pop idea was borrowed from the homemade peanut butter cups that I learned how to make last year from Every Day with Rachael Ray. Peanut butter cup filling replaces the cake entirely in this cute cupcake :)
p.s. thanks to George's Camera for helping me out with getting my camera charger fixed so I could take these photos! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment